"Sometimes REALLY a good videogame is just awesome"
The history of runner...
The RUNNER series began in 2010 with BIT.TRIP RUNNER, the fourth game in the original BIT.TRIP series. It’s considered by many to be one of the best titles on the WiiWare service, as well as one of the greatest runner games ever made. It even won the “Excellence in Visual Arts” award at the 2011 Independent Games Festival!
The sequel, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, was released in 2013. It won the 2013 Machinima award for Best Indie Game and was also featured in the Guinness Book of World Records as the highest-rated Wii U title for that year.
It also had a drunk pickle as a playable character, an astonishing feat which somehow earned us no accolades.
ABOUT THIS GAME
The rhythm-music platformer gameplay of BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Runner2 is back and better than ever!
The Timbletot is determined to rid the multiverse of all its love and happiness. CommanderVideo, a lover if ever there were one, refuses to let this happen. He’s ready to jump, double-jump, wall-jump, slide-jump, slide, kick, float, fly, and dance his way to victory, all across a medley of thrilling, challenging, and joyous levels!
- Charles Martinet! - Charles Martinet, known best as the voice of Mario, returns for his role of "The Narrator"
- Hero Quests! - Runner3 is filled with oddball characters in need of your help. Lend them a hand and they'll reward you generously!
- Vehicles! - Players will encounter wild vehicles that stand no chance of ever being deemed street legal. Eggplant planes! A celery car! Cans propelled by carbonation! And so much more!
- Branching Paths! - Every level in Runner3 offers branching paths of varying difficulties. Take the hard path and earn yourself some gems; opt for the normal path and line your pockets with precious gold bars. The choice is yours!
- Item Shop! - Players will be able to spend gold and gems earned while playing on costumes, capes, accessories, and more. There are no in-game purchases in Runner3--keep your dang money!
- Challenge Levels! - Fancy yourself a pro BIT.TRIP RUNNER player? Test your mettle with the tough-as-nails Challenge Levels!
- Retro Challenges! - A series tradition, every level in Runner3 has an accompanying "retro" level. These levels will also offer a series' first: free movement! Control the Commander in ways you never have before!
- New Playable Characters! - The Commanders are joined by friends new and old, including Dave of Woah Dave! fame, Unkle Dill, Frank 'N Stein, Awnty Rewty, and more!